BSS Auckland in Alert Level 4 for the remainder of this working week and most of next week.
- BSS will not be attending Auckland District Court in Level 4 & 3
- BSS can assist with bail address checks via calls to occupants phones everyday – please complete the court request form as best as possible
- BSS will be able to conduct address letter/calling card drops every Tuesday & Thursday (starting 19 August) where phone details are not available
- EM Bail applications will continue regardless of levels, however we are limited to address checks as above.
- Occupant verification will look different
- Reports will reflect this and include extra information regarding COVID clearance and where possible extra transport options and verification of this
- Accommodation assistance can be found in the attached documents (see links below) and these can be distributed to your team
- Court request BSS Auckland
- Kiwi accommodation
- Lodges for single people
- Long term housing
- Mental health housing
Manukau/Papakura/Pukekohe BSS will continue their support and services, remotely.
The following arrangements for Bail Support Services are:
- Bail Information Report’s (BIR): Attached is the required BSS address check form to fill out. If the defendant is able to provide contact details for the proposed occupant we can provide a BIR on the day. However, if there are no contact details provided, BSS are conducting letter drops in the community to establish contact with proposed occupants on a Monday and Thursday, therefore the BIR would be provided to the courts once the letter drop is completed, and the occupant makes contact with the BSO.
- Electronic Monitoring Bail Reports (EMBR): BSS will continue to process and complete EMBR’s. BSS will rely on counsel/defendants being able to provide contact details at the application stage. However, if there are no contact details provided, BSS are conducting letter drops in the community to establish contact with proposed occupants on a Monday and Thursday, therefore once the occupant(s) makes contact, the BSO will progress with the EMBR assessment.