Don't drink the disinfectant - lessons from the Presidents
Define leadership. There are probably a good many of us who would say we know it when we see it. And when we don't see it (in some countries).
The Covid 19 crisis has revealed some outstanding examples of leadership. The legal profession wasted no time in joining together to work on solutions to the crisis. On a daily basis, the presidents of several legal organisations met and discussed options for keeping the profession and the justice system users safe. There have been many lessons learned about leading in a crisis.
Join the legal presidents for a lighthearted discussion on what it was like getting through the Alert levels. Just what did happen in the Zoom Covid-19 Situation Room? Why would anyone stay on as President in the circumstances? Who had the highest wine bill?
Now is your chance to learn the inside story. Join (in alphabetical order):
- Len Anderson QC - President, Criminal Bar Association
- Kate Davenport QC - President, New Zealand Bar Association
- Marie Dyrhberg QC - President, ADLS
- Tiana Epati - President, New Zealand Law Society
- Liz Hall - Co-President, Defence Lawyers Association New Zealand
- Marcia Murray - Tumuaki Wāhine, Te Hunga Rōia Māori o Aotearoa
- Tania Sharkey - President, Pacific Lawyers Association
- Chris Stevenson - Co-President, Defence Lawyers Association New Zealand
As this is only a one-hour session, we will only have time for a limited number of questions. If you would like to ask a question, please submit it in writing.