The NZBA member benefits portfolio includes preferential pricing for legal practice products and services. These are available to members of the NZBA and in some cases, their families and support staff.
Members can also access member benefits through the Member Benefit App which can be downloaded onto smart phones and other portable devices. NZBA members click here for information on how to download the app onto your smartphone or other portable device.
Please note that the the inclusion of any product or service provider into the NZBA member benefit scheme does not mean that the NZBA endorses the particular product or service providers. Members will need to conduct their own due diligence.
Base 2 Managed IT
Base 2 has put together an offer for all NZ Bar Association Members to assist with IT Support, Cloud Email and File Storage.
This bundle is built with the NZ Barrister in mind and utilises software like Dropbox and Office 365 to deliver world class service and customer experience.
Click here for member information or contact Ben Berry-Smith via email or phone him on 09 630 4095 to discuss how Base 2 can help you. Remember to quote the member code found in the member only area when you speak to Ben to redeem this discount.
E-Discovery Consulting can help manage your entire discovery process or provide independent advice on any aspect of it. We can guide you through the discovery process, helping you meet your legal obligations as well as the practical discovery requirements – from start to finish.
As one of the architects of the New Zealand High Court Discovery Rules, together with over 20 years managing and advising on discovery exercises working with law firms, barristers and their clients – you can draw upon our unrivalled expertise to give you the edge that you need !
NZBA members receive a 10% discount off the standard rate.
Click here for more information on E-Discovery Consulting.
NZBA members click here for more information on accessing the E-Discovery Consulting member benefit.
EPIQ Transcription Typing and Proofreading Services
Epiq offers a full range of transcription options and complementary services such as copy typing and proofreading.
Epiq offers 10% discount on all transcription for NZBA members - please note a handling and processing fee may apply. For further information and contact details click here
Revolutionise your filing system. Filecorp provides a wide range of record and information management solutions to help you save time, space and money.
Click here for more information about Filecorp.
NZBA members click here for more information on accessing substantial discounts on most products, and a no obligation consultation.
Legal Accounting Bureau
Legal Accounting Bureau offers outsourced administration support to busy legal professionals. Keep track of all debtors, access accurate cashflow reports, keep accurate tracking of all unbilled time and take the headache out of tax returns. Legal Accounting Bureau offers NZBA members reduced joining fees.
Click here for more information on Legal Accounting Bureau's services.
NZBA members click here for more information on accessing the Legal Accounting Bureau member benefit.
Conduct all your legal research from a single search bar and at a drastically reduced cost. Join the revolution!
NZBA in partnership with LexisNexis offers full NZBA members an eLibrary Package comprising most of LexisNexis’ legal content for a fraction of the regular retail price. It includes the online research portal comprising commentary, legislation, case law, books, editorial, forms and precedents, as well as international content. Also, Lexis Red which allows you to carry and reference commentary titles via an App. And last, but not least, the full suite of Practical Guidance titles.
Participation in this scheme also assists the NZBA with financial support from LexisNexis. Contact Matt Pedersen – email@example.com or call 09 368 9515.
NZBA members click here for more information on the LexisNexis eLibrary Package.
Marsh NZBA Insurance
NZBA members have exclusive access to a range of insurance solutions through Marsh Limited. These solutions encompass Professional Indemnity, Cyber, Statutory and Public Liability and many more insurance products you may need in your practice. Click here to read more about this offer.
Medical Assurance Society (MAS) offers NZBA members the following benefits:
- A professional community - MAS has a network of over 37,000 professionals to keep you informed.
Insurance and superannuation - MAS offers a full range of general and life insurance products, as well as retirement savings and KiwiSaver.
Free access to the MAS Health & Wellbeing Portal - NZBA members are invited to join the MAS Health & Wellbeing Portal, containing articles, recipes and challenges to improve your lifestyle as well as activities and challenges to keep you motivated and making improvements. You’ll also get discounts on health-related products, like Hello Fresh and Fit-Bit.
Free EAP counselling sessions - Access to three free EAP (independent counselling) sessions for MAS Members to help manage stress, burnout or any other mental health issue you may experience. Currently only available to MAS Members.
Free subscriptions - A free subscription to MAS's Quarterly OnMAS lifestyle magazine and access to its online Hub for articles, features and stories of interest.
NZBA members click here for information on accessing this member benefit.
Moore Markhams acts for a large number of barristers and can assist them with accounting and financial services.
Click here for more information on Moore Markhams services.
NZBA members receive a one hour free consultation and 10% off the first year’s accountancy fee.
NZBA members click here for more information to access the Moore Markhams member benefit.
Dragon Legal Speech Recognition Software
Drive documentation productivity – all by voice with Dragon Professional Individual
Put your voice to work to create reports, e-mails, forms and more with Dragon Professional Individual (DPI). Dictate, edit and control within your desktop applications, just by using your voice. Ideal for those working away from their desk, DPI allows you to record audio files for automatic transcription later. Spend less time on documentation and more time on activities that boost your bottom line, contact us and speak to one of our team members for more info about DPI, or simply click here .
Discover our NEW cloud-based speech recognition solution: Dragon Professional Anywhere
Most people speak over 120 words per minute, but type less than 40 words per minute. Being the fastest and most accurate voice recognition engine to date, Dragon Professional Anywhere (DPA) saves your organisation time and money, integrating directly into workflows and empowering your workforce to create high-quality documentation. This AI-powered speech recognition software offers a wide array of potential configurations and benefits, ideal flexibility for smaller practices, and ease of scale and deployment for larger sites. Please click here to learn more about DPA.
NZBA Member offer
- Sound Business Systems are offering NZ Bar Association members a 30-day free no obligation trial of Dragon Professional Anywhere.
- Also, get 3 months free* and a free Legal Vocabulary Dictionary Word Pack (valued at $169) for any Dragon Professional Anywhere subscription.
- Simply call 09 300 3030 or 0800 DICTATE (0800 342 828) to speak to our team or email the sales team. Login here to see how to redeem the offer.
Your one-stop-shop supplier. NZBA members and their staff can access additional discounts off OfficeMax’s already low business accountholder pricing on over 20,000 items including office supplies, furniture and ergonomic products, technology, coffee, tea and lunchroom supplies, cleaning and hygiene products and more.
NZBA members click here for more information on accessing the Office Max member benefit.
OP Creative - Website Design Agency
OP Creative is a boutique creative agency based in the bustling city of Auckland, New Zealand.
We would like to offer all NZ Bar Association members a 20% discount.
Our services include:
- Custom website design and creation
- Content creation (business card design, logo design, letterhead and tax invoice templates and professional photography)
Please click here to find out more and how to redeem discount.
Rocketspark is a website builder and makes it easy for anyone to build a great looking website and keep it updated with fresh content. Save thousands on the setup of a new website.
Click here to read more about Rocketspark.
NZBA members receive a 10% discount on design costs and monthly subscription for website development and hosting.
NZBA members click here for more information on accessing the Rocketspark member benefit.
TEAMnetwork IT Services
TEAMnetwork offers NZBA members the following benefits:
Professional ICT consultation - TEAMnetwork is an engineering led company. Our success can be determined in several ways. In our view, the best measurement of success is not determined by us at all – but rather by our clients. Using this as a measure, our successes include:
- Maintaining computer systems – servers, notebooks, PDA’s, printers and workstations
- Provisioning and implementing new IT equipment – hardware, network and software
- Supplying quality IT products at preferential rates – a great deal every time
- Structuring IT systems that continually meet and often exceed the needs of the business
- Support and advising our customers on best business practices to reduce risk
Ph 0800 832 663 - www.TEAMNetwork.co.nz
Thomson Reuters provide an exclusive offer to NZBA members which draws on the full range of Thomson Reuters products, allowing members to tailor an online library to suit their exact needs for a very attractive price. All Brookers major online works are covered by the offer (e.g. McGechan, Adams, BriefCase, Gault on Commercial Law), as well as Law Reports series (e.g. PRNZ, CRNZ), Forms & Precedents and International products.
NZBA members click here for more information on accessing the exclusive Thomson Reuters offer.
vba Solutions Explicit
vba Solutions Explicit offers a simplified solution to creating consistent, professional looking documents by customising Microsoft Word to meet your requirements.
Click here for more information about vba Solutions Explicits' services.
vba Solutions Explicit offers a 10% discount on their standard hourly rate to NZBA members.
NZBA members click here for information on accessing the vba Solutions Explicit member benefit.
vLex is an online legal publisher (also historically called Justis Publishing) that holds legal information from both common and civil law jurisdictions all on one platform, which includes New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom. There are some key reasons why vLex is used in New Zealand:
- Exclusive access to cases from The Law Report
- Judgments, updated regularly, covering reported and unreported cases
- All legal documents from all jurisdictions covered are linked together – so if a case in New Zealand has been cited in Singapore or vice versa, we show you that relationship
- Access to Vincent, our AI legal research assistant that can analyze legal documents and return relevant results to you that are not directly related to your document but might be extremely important to the argument you are building (supplement brochure provided)
vLex can provide barristers two options:
Option 1 – Individual Barrister Access to vLex New Zealand and UK content Cores, Vincent – vLex’s unique machine learning research assistant, and complimentary access to Australian Core content
- £712 for an annual subscription (~$115 NZD per month) which is a 40% discount on regular sole practitioner pricing and complimentary access to Australian Core content
- Information on each Core can be found below the Options
- This package includes access to secondary materials such as a selection of books, journals and new articles from the UK, New Zealand and Australia
Barristers will have the option to include, for a small fee, additional legal information from other jurisdictions depending on their requirements. Our Product Guide can be found on this link showing the legal material we hold other jurisdictions including specific law report series from Singapore, South Africa, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and more.
Option 2 – Individual Barrister Access to vLex New Zealand, UK, Canada, and Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore) content Cores, Vincent – vLex’s unique machine learning research assistant, and complimentary access to Australian Core content
- £967 for an annual subscription (~$157 NZD per month) which is a 40% discount on regular sole practitioner pricing and complimentary access to Australian Core content
- Information on each Core can be found below the Options
- This package includes access to secondary materials such as a selection of books, journals and new articles from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and Southeast Asia
- Barristers will have the option to include, for a small fee, additional legal information from other jurisdictions depending on their requirements. Our Product Guide can be found on this link showing the legal material we hold from other jurisdictions including specific law report series from Singapore, South Africa, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and more
Zeno - Expense Management Software
Get control of your expenses in real time to stay across accurate expenditure as it occurs, managing your risk before you risk your business.
No Set up fees and free fast track information programme.
Click here for member only details.