As an NZBA member you will network with and learn from the most successful people in the profession, raise your profile, reduce your business costs, obtain analysis of issues that affect you, have access to member-only rates to education, insurance and texts for barristers, advance access to justice and proactively influence government policy. Membership of the NZBA includes access to:
- a member benefit scheme which includes offerings from over 50 commercial and professional organisations
- a strong web profile through the member-only "Find a Barrister" directory (available to full members)
- training, including, free CPD webinars and recorded webinars for paid-up members, as well as discounted masterclasses, workshops, webinars, online modules and the Annual Conference
- a mentoring scheme, which provides advice on transitioning to the Bar and ongoing support for barristers at all levels
- networking and collegiality events and opportunities
- resources to support business and professional opportunities
Full membership of the NZBA is open to every person who is the holder of a current New Zealand practising certificate as a barrister sole.
Associate membership is open to persons other than barristers sole (e.g. barristers and solicitors). Some associate member categories have an automatic entitlement to membership and some associate member categories require approval by the Bar Council.
The NZBA's financial year runs from 1 April to is 31 March. Membership pricing is pro-rated and includes GST.
This membership is open to every person who is the holder of a current practising certificate as a barrister sole in New Zealand.
This membership is open to members of the judicary, barristers & solicitors, judges clerks, legal academics, non-practising barristers, retired judges and overseas barristers.