Reasons for joining the NZBA include access to:
- a member benefit scheme which includes offerings from over 50 commercial and professional organisations
- a strong web profile through the member only "Find a Barrister" directory (available to full members)
- discounted training, including, masterclasses, workshops, webinars, online modules and the Annual Conference
- a mentoring scheme, which provides advice on transitioning to the Bar and ongoing support for barristers at all levels
- networking and collegiality events and opportunities
- resources to support business and professional opportunities
This membership is open to every person who is the holder of a current practising certificate as a barrister sole in New Zealand.
This membership is open to members of the judicary, barristers & solicitors, judges clerks, legal academics, non-practising barristers, retired judges and overseas barristers.