As an NZBA member you will network with and learn from the most successful people in the profession, raise your profile, reduce your business costs, obtain analysis of issues that affect you, and have access to some free or member-only rates to education, insurance and texts for barristers, advance access to justice and proactively influence government policy. Membership of the NZBA includes access to:
- a member benefit scheme which includes offerings from over 50 commercial and professional organisations, including indemnity insurance;
- training, including many free CPD webinars and recorded webinars for paid-up members, as well as discounted masterclasses, workshops, webinars, online modules and the Annual Conference;
- a strong web profile through the member-only "Find a Barrister" directory (available to full members);
- a mentoring scheme, which provides advice on transitioning to the Bar and ongoing support for barristers at all levels;
- networking and collegiality events and opportunities;
- resources to support business and professional opportunities.
Full membership is open to every person who holds a current New Zealand practising certificate as a barrister sole or is an employed barrister.
Associate membership is open to persons other than barristers sole including members of the judiciary, barristers & solicitors, judges clerks, legal academics, non-practising barristers, retired judges and overseas barristers. Some associate member categories require approval by the Bar Council.
The NZBA's financial year runs from 1 April to is 31 March. Membership pricing is pro-rated and includes GST.