Welcome to our new website, which we hope you will find easier to use, and that you will be better informed about your Association's activities.
You will be able to register for events online, purchase your membership and update your own details on our website. As a member you can also take advantage of the Find a Barrister Directory Listing service to promote your practice.
If you are not a member of the New Zealand Bar Association, please feel free to take a look around and sign up for our training.
Transfer of membership
If you are a member of the New Zealand Bar Association, your membership will have been transferred through to this new website and you will have received an email notifying you about the changeover. However you will need a new password.
Getting your New Password
Please follow these steps:
- Click on the Login button located on the top right corner of the home page.
- A small window will appear where you can request a new password, using your membership email address.
- You will receive an email with a link for changing your password.
- After you have done this, you will be logged in and can access your Member Portal.
Update your details
While all care was taken with the migration, not all of the information that we had on our old system was up to date. We strongly recommend you thoroughly check and update the details on your record. You should ensure that you update your record whenever your details change.
If there are any errors or changes, you can fix them immediately in your Member Portal. The options for what you can do in your portal are listed on the left hand side menu and include:
- Changing your address(es) - select Addresses - this is just for NZBA contact and will not be displayed publicly;
- If you move chambers update this in the Businesses tab.
- Changing your name or phone number - Select "Personal Details" - Additional Details - this is just for NZBA contact and will not be displayed publicly;
- Updating your directory entry or creating a Find a Barrister entry - Select Bio Details. There are extra menus within this section for you to complete (see below).
Directory listing - Find a Barrister
If you had a public directory entry on our old website, we have carried that information across into your Bio. Any information you put into your Bio will be shown publicly on the website in the Find a Barrister directory. Please review the information in your Bio and consider improving the quality of your directory listing, for example by including a profile statement, a CV and a photo. While photos were migrated to the new site, some of them were not of a standard that would carry across. Now would be a good time to check your photo and if necesssary, upload a new one.
- Click on "Bio" and then click the edit button. In the first screen you will be asked to make the details public, add your email address, your photo and your experience level.
- Choose About Me to add a short introductory paragraph, and a background photo if you would like.
- Under Contact Info you can add your contact details.
- Under CV you can upload a CV.
- Choose "Additional Profile Information" to edit your areas of practice, qualifications or practice locations. Click on the edit button.
Remember to click save before you exit each screen.
If you have any queries about the website please complete the contact form on our website or phone our Administrator between 9.00am and 3.00pm Monday to Friday.